5 Ways to Supercharge Your Metabolism
If you are a frequent reader of fitness blogs, you must have come across the term “metabolism” quite often. But what does it exactly mean?
Simply put, metabolism is the process by which your body converts the food you eat into energy. During this process, the calories in the food items consumed are combined with Oxygen to produce energy. This energy is expended for work.
Metabolism and fitness are two sides of the same coin. Hence, it’s no wonder that metabolism faces accusations when people hit the weight loss plateau. It is the condition where your metabolism is not working as it should, and hence you are not burning enough calories.
The good news is that you can always take steps to improve your metabolism. Let’s take a look at some of them.
1. Get Moving: Exercising is probably the best way to prevent your metabolism from slowing down. When you are exercising or working out, you are using energy. Hence, your body will automatically start burning more calories to compensate for the energy deficit. And this keeps getting better! The leaner your muscles are, the more calories you will burn! So get off that couch and start moving.
2. Aerobic Training: Science says that when your heart rate goes beyond the 55%+ zone, your body starts burning more energy instead of just relying on the muscles to do the job. That is exactly what happens while doing aerobics. This form of workout is not only easy to do but can also be done anywhere without the need for any special equipment. With the help of aerobic training, you can even make your muscles stronger!
3. Have Proper Breakfast: Breakfast is considered the most important meal of the day, and rightly so! That is because it helps kick start your metabolism early in the day. In the morning, you have high levels of cortisol. The body will burn through whatever you consume pretty quickly. So why not make the most of it?
4. Drink Plenty of Water: Water is essential for every chemical process taking place inside your body. Hence, having plenty of water inside your system can help regulate your metabolism. Also, if you can, consider drinking some cold water. When you drink cold water, your body has to work to warm it up and regulate the body temperature. Hence, it will inherently help you burn energy.
5. Have Some Green Tea: Now, it's effective for anyone who desires to shed that extra weight. Green tea is known for its ability to burn fat. It performs this wonder through a compound called ECGC. So if you are going to have some tea, make sure that it is green!
Best Gym in Dubai
Since we have established that exercising can be one of the best ways to regulate your metabolism, it is a great idea to join a good gym that can help you do so.
Being a globally recognized brand, Snap Fitness has fitness centers across Dubai. It has all the necessary ingredients for a fit body, be it personal trainers, world-class equipment, or a host of other services, including parking and locker facilities.
You can check out our Instagram page to get a sneak peek into what’s life like in Snapnation!
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.