Benefits of Plank Exercises
Plank is best when it comes to building your abdominal muscles. With proper alignment, tension, and stability, the exercise engages the whole body, focusing on the lower spine, rectus abdominis, and inner obliques as a means of holding everything together. It is a perfect method to supplement your existing exercise program, even if you are training for agility or endurance at gyms in Dubai.
HOW TO DO A BASIC PLANK
- Start in the top position of a push-up with your elbows exactly under your shoulders. Alternately, you may descend onto your forearms with your hands interlaced to do a forearm plank.
- Engage your glutes, elevate your hips slightly (no more than an inch), and contract your core by pulling your belly button toward your spine. This will ensure that your core muscles are adequately engaged throughout the position.
- Engage your legs by squeezing your gluteus maximus and quadriceps, and your arms by pushing away from the ground.
- Maintain it for a certain amount of time- 30 seconds is a good starting point; work your way up from there.
- Keeping a neutral back, contract your abdominal muscles to pull your belly button toward your spine while maintaining a neutral spine.
1. IT ENHANCES THE DEFINITION OF MUSCLES
Once you reach a low body fat percentage (below around 10 percent for males and 15 percent for women), you will then be able to view your abdominal muscles in great detail. Doing core workouts such as planks will result in a four- or six-pack that is tight and toned.
2. IT MAKES YOUR CORE STRONGER
Planks are one of the only workouts that train your whole body and core so intensively. Whether you select a standard plank, a side plank, and uneven plank, or any other variant, your abdominal muscles will be intensely engaged.
3. IT BOOSTS YOUR METABOLIC RATE
Muscle often results in a small increase in metabolic rate. There are very few workouts that stimulate core muscles as well as the plank, making it a favourite for any muscle-building regimen.
4. IT IS EXCELLENT FOR STABILISING CORE MUSCLES
Mastering to contract your core muscles isometrically during plank exercises can strengthen the muscles and improve the mind-muscle link between you and them. This will improve your whole body and core stability, which can be used in almost any physical endeavour.
5. IT CONTRIBUTES TO IMPROVING YOUR POSTURE
Strengthening your core muscles and lower back, and ensuring that your spinal alignment and upper back muscles are strong, will often result in improved posture. The plank will strengthen the necessary muscles for excellent posture and heighten awareness of your spinal alignment.
6. IT REDUCES BACK PAIN
Back discomfort is often caused by bad posture (which even the plank may help correct), a lack of lower back strength and flexibility, and inadequate blood supply to the lower back muscles. All plank exercises build the core and lower back, increase circulation, and improve balance.
With so many advantages, resistance exercise should be tried by everyone. Holding a challenging plank posture is one of the greatest bodyweight exercises you can conduct for the core muscles and should form the basis of any sports training. If you're looking for additional ways to stay fit or to work out with any of this equipment, contact Snap Fitness- the Best Gym in Dubai.
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.