Avocado Toast Recipe
Avocado toast has become a beloved breakfast, lunch…or dinner. It’s super easy to make, healthy and satisfying, and it’s a blank canvas for flavorful toppings. What’s not to love?
Below, you’ll find a basic avocado toast recipe that is topped with a poached egg and balsamic vinegar, but let’s start with some healthy benefits..
- Avocados are high in healthy fats that help you feel or stay? satisfied longer.
- Eggs are high in protein and in nutrients like selenium and Vitamin B. These vitamins are great for boosting for mood!
- Balsamic vinegar contains strains of probiotic bacteria that improves your digestion and gut health!
- 3 eggs
- 1 medium avocado
- ½ C cherry tomatoes
- ½ C spinach
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Dash of olive oil
- 3 slices of bread
- Pour cold water in a saucepan, and crack egg into a separate bowl.
- Place saucepan over low-medium heat and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir water and create a whirlpool. Carefully tip the egg into the water.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until white is set, then remove egg with a spoon.
- Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Mash avocado in a bowl, then add balsamic vinegar and stir to combine.
- Spray olive oil in a fry pan and place over low-medium heat.
- Add cherry tomatoes to the pan and sauté for 4-5 minute
- Toast bread, then top with balsamic avocado and serve with poached eggs, cherry tomatoes and raw spinach.
- Season with a dash of salt and pepper, then dig in!
*Note, the recipe contains 3 servings so it’s perfect for you and a few friends. Modify if needed!
Don't want to miss anything?
Get the latest recipes, workouts, success stories, tips and more right in your inbox.