Thank you for visiting this website at www.snapfitness.com/nz, which is owned by Lift Brands, Inc., or one of the following wholly owned subsidiaries: Snap Fitness, Inc, GoFit, LLC, Lift Brands New Zealand Limited, HealthFran, LLC, or Wholesale Fitness Supply, LLC. The term “Lift Brands” refers collectively to Lift Brands (Australia) Pty Ltd, Lift Brands, Inc., and its other wholly owned subsidiaries. For convenience, we refer collectively to Lift Brands, Inc., and these subsidiaries as “Lift Brands,” “we,” “us,” or “our.”
Effective Date: September 7, 2021
SCOPE OF THIS POLICY
This Policy applies only to information collected through Lift Brands-owned websites on which it is posted (collectively referred to as this “Site”). It does not apply to third-party sites or to websites owned by Lift Brands on which it is not posted. It also does not apply to information collected through other channels, such as from third parties, over the phone or in person.
Some of the information we collect through this Site may be “personal information”—information that identifies you personally, alone or in combination with other information available to us. Other information may be nonpersonally identifiable, such as information collected by cookies.
Personal Information. “Personal Information” is defined by the Privacy Act 2020 ("Privacy Act") as formation about an identifiable individual. Personal Information means an identifier other than the individual’s name that uniquely identifies the individual and may include: name, birth date, contact information, bank details, height and weight, your image in a photograph or video.
Please take a few minutes to review this Policy before using this Site. By using this Site, you are consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of your information as set forth in this Policy. If you do not agree to be bound by this Policy, you may not access or use this Site.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
- Information you manually provide: Lift Brands collects the information you manually provide (including but not limited to using your keyboard, mouse, or touchpad) when you use this Site. For example, we collect the information you provide when you sign up for a trial membership, express interest in owning a franchise, register for an event, make a purchase, apply for a job, enter a competition, engage in an online chat, or otherwise interact with this Site. Some of the information you manually provide may be personal data such as your name, date of birth, contact information, bank details and other payment information, photograph, height and weight, or “sensitive personal data” (defined below) such as basic health information relating to your fitness to undertake physical activity.
- Information from third-party social media platforms: You may be able to register with, log on to, or enhance your profile on this Site by choosing to automatically populate the requested data fields with information you previously provided to a third-party social media platform (such as Facebook or Twitter). By doing this, you are asking the third-party platform to send us information, including personal data, from your profile on that platform. We treat that information as we do any other information you give to us when you register, log on, or enhance your profile.
- Information from your browser or device: Lift Brands collects information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser or mobile device. This information typically includes your IP address, the name of your operating system, the name and version of your browser, the date and time of your visit, and the pages you visit. The information we receive may depend on your browser or device settings.
The information we receive from your web browser and device does not, in and of itself, personally identify you. Generally, we use this information in the aggregate to help us improve this Site and make it more compatible with the technology used by our visitors. However, we may combine it with other information to identify you or we may combine it with information that does identify you. We may also review our server logs for security purposes—for example, to detect intrusions into our network—and we might share our server logs, which contain visitors’ IP addresses, with the appropriate investigative authorities who could use that information to trace and identify you.
Cameras. We may use cameras in or around our clubs or gyms for operational purposes, fraud detection or security.
- collect information about the manner in which visitors use this Site—which pages they visit, which links they use, and how long they stay on each page;
- support the features and functionality of this Site—for example, to save you the trouble of reentering information already in our database or to prompt the settings you established on previous visits;
- personalize your experience when you use this Site; and
- improve our marketing efforts, including through use of targeted advertising.
The information we collect using cookies and similar technologies may in and of itself personally identify you and we may link it to personal data that you provide. The information we collect may depend on your browser settings.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. Although you are not required to accept cookies when you visit this Site, you may be unable to use all of the functionality of this Site if your browser rejects our cookies. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org which includes information on how to manage your settings for the major browser providers.
Information About Third-Party Cookies
In addition to the cookies Lift Brands delivers to your computer or mobile device through this Site, certain third parties may deliver cookies to you for a variety of reasons. For example, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics tool that helps us understand how visitors engage with our Sites. To learn more about Google Analytics, click here.
Other third parties may deliver cookies to your computer or mobile device for the purpose of tracking your online behaviors over time and across nonaffiliated websites and/or delivering targeted advertisements either on this Site or on other websites.
You have choices about the collection of information by third parties on our Sites. For example, if you don’t want information about your visit to this Site sent to Google Analytics, you may download an Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here. Please note that the Add-on does not prevent information from being sent to Lift Brands.
In addition, if you would like to opt-out of having interest-based information collected by certain entities during your visits to this Site or other websites, please click here. You will be directed to an industry-developed website that contains mechanisms for choosing whether each listed entity may collect and use data for online behavioral advertising purposes. It may be that some of the third parties that collect interest-based information on this Site do not participate in the industry-developed opt-out website, in which case the best way to avoid third-party tracking of your online behaviors may be through your browser settings and deletion of cookies.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
Generally, we use the information we collect through this Site:
- for security, credit or fraud prevention purposes;
- to provide you with effective customer service;
- to provide you with a personalized experience when you use this Site;
- to contact you with information and notices related to your use of this Site;
- to contact you with special offers and other information we believe will be of interest to you (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us
- to invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- to better understand your needs and interests;
- to improve our products and services
- to improve our marketing and promotional efforts; and
- for any other purpose identified in an applicable privacy notice, click-through agreement or other agreement between you and us.
HOW TO ACCESS, UPDATE OR CORRECT YOUR INFORMATION
To access, update or correct the Personal or Sensitive Information we hold about you, please contact us at the address provided below. We will respond to you within a reasonable time. We may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. In most cases, we will provide access and correct or delete any inaccurate information you discover. In some cases, however, we may limit or deny your request if the law permits or requires us to do so or if we are unable to verify your identity.
How We Share Information With Others
Within the Lift Brands Corporate Family. We may share your Personal and Sensitive Information with companies in the Lift Brands corporate structure and those companies may further share it among themselves. These affiliate companies are permitted to use your information for their own marketing purposes and in a manner otherwise consistent with this Policy.
With Third–Party Vendors. Lift Brands may share your information with the following types of entities: With Third–Party Vendors. We share information provided by you with third-party vendors who act on our behalf. For example, we may use third-party vendors to conduct surveys; and to help us with our promotional efforts. These third-party vendors may need information about you to perform their obligations. However, they are required by contract to keep your information confidential and may use it only to provide services on our behalf.
With Other Lift Brands Franchisees. If you seek to use or express interest in another gym owned by a Lift Brands franchisee, we may share your information with the owner of that gym. All Lift Brands franchisees are required by contract to keep your information confidential and they may use this information only in accordance with the terms of the contract.
With Other, Carefully Selected Business Partners. From time to time, we may share your information with selected third parties for their own marketing purposes. For example, we may partner with third parties to sponsor contests or other promotions, and we may share with these third parties the Personal Information you submit to us to participate in the contest or take advantage of the promotion.
In Aggregate or De-Identified Form. We use information collected through this Site to create a compiled, aggregate view of usage patterns. We may share aggregate information with third parties, so we and they can better understand our user base. We may also share with third parties information about how particular individuals use this Site, but only on a de-identified basis (“Individualized Data”). Individualized Data is not personally identifiable, but it does reflect the usage patterns of a particular Site user, as opposed to Site users collectively. We may provide basic demographic information (gender and age) in conjunction with providing Individualized Data. Third parties typically use this information for analytical purposes and to market their own products and services.
As Part of a Business Transfer. Your information may be transferred to successor organization if, for example, we merge with or are acquired by another organization or if we liquidate our assets. If such a transfer occurs, the successor organization’s use of your information will still be subject to this Policy and the privacy preferences you have expressed to us to Comply With Laws and Protection of Our Rights and the Rights of Others.
As Described in a Privacy Notice or Click-Through Agreement. We reserve the right to disclose your information as described in any privacy notice posted on this Site, or as described in any click-through agreement to which you have agreed.
Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law, a court order or a subpoena. We may also disclose your information to: prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce or apply other agreements; or to protect our own rights or property or the rights, property or safety of our users or others. However, we will not disclose your Personal or Sensitive Information to third parties unless:
we have your consent do so; or
- if we do not have your consent, it is a situation in which you would reasonably expect your information to be shared for such purpose; and
- in the case of Personal Information, the purpose for which we are sharing the information is related to the primary purpose for which we collected such information; or
- in the case of Sensitive Information, the purpose for which we are sharing the information is directly related to the primary purpose for which we collected such information.
If we do not believe you would reasonably expect your information to be shared for the particular purpose, or if it is not related (or directly related) to the primary purpose, we will seek your consent to share the information before doing so.
Cross Border Disclosure. We are required to disclose your Personal Information and Sensitive Information to Lift Brands (Australia) Pty Ltd which may disclose such information to its parent company, Lift Brands, and to other wholly owned subsidiaries of Lift Brands in the United States. Lift Brands and its wholly owned subsidiaries are U.S companies headquartered in the United States. Lift Brands (Australia) Pty Ltd takes reasonable steps to ensure that Lift Brands and its wholly owned subsidiaries are aware of and do not breach the New Zealand Privacy Principles in relation to your Personal and Sensitive Information. Your consent to the transfer and processing of your personal information in or to the U.S .or to any other country in the world subject to the terms of this Policy.
Rights for UK/EU Residents
For residents of the United Kingdom or the European Union where the Data Protection Act 2018 (UK) or the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of the EU (GDPR) applies, you also have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data, object to processing of your personal data, object to the portability of your personal data, and to obtain erasure of your personal data, in each case in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Please click on this link for the UK Privacy Notice for more information.
Note that references in this policy to ‘personal information’ should be read as ‘personal data’ for the purposes of the GDPR.
Steps We Take to Safeguard your Information
We maintain reasonable administrative, physical and technological measures to protect the confidentiality and security of personal information you submit on or through this Site. For example, when collecting credit card information for online purchases, we offer secured-service transactions that encrypt your information in transit to thwart others from intercepting or misusing it. Unfortunately, no website, server or database is completely secure or “hacker proof.” We therefore cannot guarantee that your personal information will not be disclosed, misused or lost by accident or by the unauthorized acts of others. Further, we cannot control dissemination of personal information you post on or through this Site using any social networking tools we may provide, and you should have no expectation of privacy in such information.
Children Under the Age of Thirteen
This Site is not intended for children or minors under the age of thirteen years without the permission of a parent or guardian. If you believe that a child has submitted personal data on or through this Site without the consent and supervision of a parent or guardian, please contact us using the information provided in this Notice so that we can take appropriate action.
Links to Other Sites
This Site may provide links to other websites operated by third parties, including in some cases our third-party vendors. Lift Brands does not control these websites and is not responsible for their data practices. Any information you provide to third parties on their websites is covered under their privacy and data collection policies and is not covered by this Notice. We urge you to review the privacy notice posted on any site you visit before using the site or providing any personal data.
Social Media Features
This Policy May Change
We are continually improving and adding to the features and functionality of this Site and the services we offer through this Site. As a result of these changes (or changes in the law), we may need to update or revise this Notice. Accordingly, we reserve the right to update or modify this Notice at any time, without prior notice, by posting the revised version of this Notice behind the link marked “Privacy Notice” at the bottom of each page of this Site. Your continued use of this Site after we have posted the revised Notice constitutes your agreement to be bound by the revised Notice. However, we will honor the terms that were in effect when we gathered data from you.
For your convenience, whenever this Notice is changed, we will update the “effective date” at the top of this page. Be sure you check the effective date to see if this Notice has been revised since your last visit.
You may access the current version of this Notice at any time by clicking the link marked “Privacy Notice” at the bottom of each page of this Site.
If you believe that we have not complied with our obligations pursuant to the Privacy Act , or have a complaint about the use or disclosure of your Personal or Sensitive Information by us, please Lift Brands on the contact details below. We will liaise with you regarding your concerns and act as necessary to address such concerns which may include contacting Lift Brands to take the matter further. We will endeavour to resolve your complaint as soon as possible. However, the length of time will depend on the nature and complexity of the issues you have raised. You will receive an acknowledgement of receipt of the complaint from us Brands within five business days and you will be given an estimate of how long it may take to deal with the matter which should not exceed 30 days. If it is decided that your complaint is justified, the appropriate response or action will be determined. We will try to match the response to the nature of your complaint and your desired outcome, but this may not always be possible. Some of the things that may be decided include:
- take steps to rectify the problem or issue you have raised;
- provide you with additional information or advice so that you can understand what happened and how it has been dealt with;
- take steps to change Lift Brands' policies or procedures if your complaint identifies a problem in the way things are being done.